The WVHS Planetarium welcomes the public to Family Nights. Family Nights are monthly programs created for everyone (not just families). Program themes change monthly. These themes are taken from current sky highlights, upcoming celestial events, or the latest space and/or astronomy news. You never see the same program twice!
Picture: Fall 2010 Telescope Party with
the Naperville Astronomical Association
When: One Friday per Month (click schedule tab above)
Times: 6:30pm & 7:15pm (Except for December)
Length: 40 minutes (same program each time)
Topics: Change monthly (see schedule tab above)
Admission: $2 per seat
Seating: First come first serve (No Reservations/Tickets)
- All ages are welcome. Science content is geared toward elementary learning levels, however younger audiences still enjoy seeing the night sky.
- Arriving 15 minutes before the program is recommended for groups of 4 or more.
- Once all seats are filled the doors will close & the program will start.
- Follow the WVHS Planetarium on Facebook or Twitter for updates the night of a program.
- If for any reason Indian Prairie School District 204 closes schools OR the high school cancels after school activities (for example, in the case of inclement weather), Family Night Programs will be cancelled. They will not be rescheduled.
Family Nights for 2016-17
Click here for a PDF of the schedule. Please view the PDF for more detailed description of each Family Night listed below.
November 4 - "Seasons"
December 2** - "George & Oatmeal Save Santa"
January 13 - "Friendly Stars"
February 3 - "Native American Sky Stories"
March 3 - "Celestial Navigation"
April 7* - "Summer Stargazing"
**Family Night in December is only 30 minutes. See PDF for details.
*In addition to Family Nights on September 16 & April 7, the Naperville Astronomical Association will set up telescopes outside the planetarium WEATHER PERMITTING for a telescope party. Visitors are invited to stay after the planetarium program to enjoy the night sky through a telescope. The party is free of charge and will start at 8:00 pm. If the sky is cloudy, the party will be canceled (Family Night will still take place indoors).
Follow the WVHS Planetarium on Facebook OR Twitter for Family Night updates.